Remember those Broccoli Cheese Tots I was going to make this week? Yeah, those were a no go – but I am here for this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream! It is SO easy to make and absolutely drool worthy. There are 3 main ingredients and 1 optional ingredient. The actual amount of each ingredient really depends on the amount of ice cream you want. The recipe below is based on how much I made which is about 3 servings. If you were going to back this for a family, I would suggest at least doubling the recipe.
– (3) frozen bananas
– 2 tablespoons (natural) peanut butter
– 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Take your frozen bananas and put them in chopper/blender until blended completely – then transfer to glass dish!
- Next, mix in the teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- Then, start with a tablespoon of peanut butter and mix it into the bananas – I added an additional tablespoon because I LURVE peanut butter!
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips!
- FREEZE and ENJOY!
Depending on how frozen your bananas are – they may seem “clumpy” even after blending them. However, once they thaw out a bit during the process it will become creamier.
While the vanilla is optional, I think it adds a little needed flavor and helps mix the peanut butter into the bananas.
I suggest natural peanut butter because it is less sweet, so it doesn’t over power the other natural flavors. Also, the natural peanut butter is a bit more “liquid” than traditional peanut butter.
I used my Kitchen Aid Mini Chopper and it worked GREAT but I would imagine a blender would be just fine!