I am a sucker for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (and let’s be clear, nothing will EVER be as good as Reese’s) but these homemade peanut butter cups are a close second – AND they only require three ingredients!
- 2 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is completely melted!
2. Scoop 1 ½ tbsp. melted chocolate into each cupcake liner. Move around cupcake tin to evenly coat the bottom 2/3 of the cupcake liners.
3. Let sit in refrigerator to harden, 15 minutes.
4. While the cupcake tin is in the refrigerator – stir together peanut butter and remaining coconut oil until smooth.
5. When chocolate layer is set, scoop about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of the hardened chocolate.
6. Reheat remaining chocolate, then scoop 1 tablespoon over each peanut butter disk and smooth into an even layer.
7. Continue until all chocolate is used and return to refrigerator to harden, 15 more minutes or until served.
NOTES: I used regular sized cupcake tin but I’d suggest using smaller ones (similar to the mini tin I posted for the blueberry muffins). My tin is also made out of silicone so I DID NOT use liners because they are easier to pop out! Another thing I did was mix the peanut butter and top coat of peanut butter. Lastly, I store ours in the freezer but that is just a personal preference!