We are BIG buffalo chicken fans in this household – and stuffed peppers have always been one of Shane’s favs so I decided to combine the two. These stuff peppers are actually pretty quick and easy – especially if you cook and shred the chicken ahead of time.
- two chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- 4 bell peppers (GREEN IS MY FAV)
- 8 oz of low fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 packet of ranch seasoning
- cook and shred the chicken
- I cook mine in the crock-pot because it’s the easiest – place two chicken breasts, 1 cup of broth, salt and pepper in crock-pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- cut the top off all 4 bell peppers and clean out the guts (seeds and such) – then place the peppers in a 9×13 baking dish
- combine shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, mozzarella, Frank’s Hot Sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh chives, and 1/2 packet of ranch.
- once mixed – scoop buffalo chicken into peppers until completely full ( I let mine overflow a little bit to use all of the buffalo chicken)
- place lid on baking dish (you can also wrap in aluminum foil if you don’t have a lid) – then cook for 25-30 minutes
- remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar – finally broil on high until cheese is melted
- top with fresh chives, ranch OR blue cheese and ENJOY!