With school right around the corner, I am all about the convenient breakfasts. Usually I am in a rush and end up skipping breakfast which isn’t a good habit. So, I was bound and determined to pull together a few quick and easy recipes that can be prepped and warmed up later – I introduce to you The Ultimate Breakfast Biscuit.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 6 tablespoons sharp cheese (shredded)
- 6 pieces of cooked thick cut bacon
- 12 eggs
- optional: tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, etc.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray muffin tin with cooking spray/olive oil
- I used my silicone muffin tin because it makes “popping” out the biscuits much easier
- divide the 8 biscuits into 24 pieces (3 pieces per each biscuit) by gently peeling at the layers
- place 1 piece of biscuit in each muffin place (12 pieces) – push down & mold to the bottom of the muffin tin
- crack one egg in each muffin space (12 eggs total)
- sprinkle with bacon pieces and shredded cheese
- top with layer of biscuit and place in the oven for 24-27 minutes
Each layer muffin tin will have bottom piece of biscuit – egg – bacon – cheese – top piece of biscuit.
I precook the bacon – it makes it easier to cut into pieces and you don’t have to worry about getting cooked while in the oven.
The egg may spill over a bit and that is OKAY – just top with biscuit as well as possible.
I place these in the tupperware and freeze them for later – then I can microwave them for about 30-45 seconds and makes for a quick breakfast.