These pulled pork quesadillas may not photograph well but don’t be fooled because they were delicious. Shane and his brother competed in a BBQ competition a couple weeks ago and we got sent home with the leftovers. Let’s just say you humans will be seeing pulled pork recipes for days!
However, these quesadillas are probably my fav so far! Shane gave these a 9.9/10 – and if you know Shane you know that is unheard of. So, don’t sleep on these quick and easy YUMS.
- 1lb pulled pork (we have frozen 1lb bags in our freezer that we used!)
- pepper jack cheese
- 1 can of black beans
- trigger happy candied jalapeños
- mama lupe’s tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of avocado/olive oil (personal preference)
- Coat medium skillet with avocado/olive oil
- Place one tortilla in skillet, layer with cooked pulled pork, black beans, and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese – top with an additional tortilla.
- Cover and cook on medium heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, then flip to other side (I used a large spatula to make the flip a bit easier).
- Repeat: cover and cook on other side for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from skillet – top with avocado and candied jalapeños (optional)!