This White Chicken Chili has been a fall staple every since I can remember. Every year I call my mom and ask her to send me the recipe and every year she says the same thing… I don’t have a recipe, it’s just in my head. Finally, this year I decided to get it written down AND share it with all of you humans.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (32oz) chicken stock
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 (10oz) cream of mushroom (cream of chicken can also be used)
- 1 can navy beans
- 1 can of northern beans
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 2 (4.5oz) cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- toppings (optional): Monterrey Jack shredded cheese, scallions and sour cream!
- Combine chicken stock, chicken breasts, onion, cream of mushroom, navy beans, northern beans, cannellini beans, green chiles, garlic, and sprinkle generously with pepper.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours – remove chicken from crockpot and shred, then return shredded chicken to crockpot
- I use my KitchenAid to shred the chicken – all you have to do is dump the chicken and mix on low until completely shredded.
- Once chicken is returned to crockpot, mix evenly before turning crockpot on low for an additional 2-3 hours (the longer you let it simmer the better it is, I PROMISE YOU THAT).
- Garnish with Monterrey Jack and scallions and serve with tortilla chips!