CHIEFS ❤️ made chili last night but it’s even better tonight. Today was absolutely the most perfect day; first really chili😏 day here in kc, paired with some turkey chili and chiefs football – it just doesn’t get better than that.
This turkey chili has evolved over the years and each time I had a little something new – this time it was a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. I’m a fan of the chunky chili versus the soupy kind. So, here it is @littlehouseinop’s crockpot ground turkey chili 🥫
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15oz) can dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (can add more for a more soupy chili)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- shredded mozzarella
- In large skillet add olive oil, onion, and green pepper for about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until browned then transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients (garlic, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper) into large (4 qt) slow cooker.
- Cook on low from 5-7 hours for or until chili is thickened.
- .ENJOY 🍅