If you can’t tell by the amount of recent crockpot recipes on my blog that I absolutely love this time of the year and making easy crockpot recipes than look no further because here is a NEW one. This one is new to me – I had done quinoa in the crockpot before for my Berry Breakfast Mash (coming soon), but I had never done it for a savory dish. Shane and I live on chicken sausages, it is one of our staple freezer item just because they are good, easy, and healthy. So, I spiced things up; added some peppers, sausage, and quinoa and dumped it into the crockpot – BEST decision I made.
- (2) 12oz packages of chicken sausage
- I tried out Aidells ‘Roasted Garlic & Gruyere Cheese’ AND HIGHLY recommend them
- 3 bell peppers (I used 1 green, 1 orange, & 1 red)
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 15oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- feta cheese (topping)
- Chop peppers, onion, and sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Combine broth, quinoa, apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, peppers, onion, and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 5-6 hours or on high heat for 2 hours (I would suggest cooking on low heat for best results).
- Stir gently, and top with feta cheese!