With the holidays right around the corner (EEK!), I’m going to be dishing up some of my favorite recipes. Some of these recipes are mine and some are recipes that have been passed down through my family. This particular recipe was my grandmother’s and one of my favorites to this day.
Every Christmas and Thanksgiving, I looked forward to her Dried Beef Cheese Ball and Scotch-a-Roos (don’t worry, those are going to be shared soon!). This cheese ball is extremely easy to make and can easily be “dressed up” to impress a crowd! Sometimes, I’ll roll mine in crushed walnuts once it’s formed. You can also encompass the red and green of the ingredients with a little sprig of rosemary and you’ve got yourself the perfect hostess or guest snack!
Recipe is listed below, as always let your girl know if you decide to test this one out! WARNING: You may not be able to stop yourself once you start – I apologize in advance!
- 8oz low fat cream cheese (softened)
- 4.5oz Armour Dried Beef (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch of green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, dried beef, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder.
- Transfer mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into a ball – allow cheeseball to firm up and chill in refrigerator before serving!
*If hosting a lot of people, I would suggest doubling the recipe for a bigger serving size.
*Serve with club crackers, scalloped crackers, or a cracker of your choice!