Happy MONDAY! I hope you wonderful humans had a perfect Thanksgiving. Holidays look very different this year, but one thing remains the same – we all still need FOOD. These little Sweet Potato bites were perfect for the holiday but I will definitely be making these more often than that.
These little snacks are such a BURST of flavor. With a little bit of sweet and a little bit of savory you just can’t go wrong – not to mention the crisp marshmallow adds the perfect touch. Not to mention they are an easier twist on the traditional Sweet Potato Casserole that we all know and love.
- 3 LARGE sweet potatoes (peeled and thickly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 (10oz) bag of LARGE marshmallows
- 1 small bag of pecan halves (used as toppers for each potato)
- brown sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place sliced and peeled potatoes in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter and maple syrup until mixed – then pour over sliced potatoes, mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle brown sugar over potatoes.
- Place coated potatoes on baking sheets and cook for 12 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and turn oven to (HI) broil.
- Top each potato with 1 large marshmallow and broil for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and immediately top with 1 pecan half.