If you’re new around here you might quickly catch on to the fact that I love sweets and I love cheese, especially cheese balls. I like to challenge myself to create new cheeseballs of all sorts of varieties. This one has pretty “common” ingredients but I have one coming later this week that is definitely “different” BUT delicious.
Cheeseballs are MADE for the holidays and this one definitely won’t disappoint. It’s the perfect appetizer or piece for your Holiday Charcuterie board. Like all my other cheeseballs, this one is extremely easy to make.
Recipe is listed below, as always let your girl know if you decide to test this one out!
- 8oz low fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup finely chopped shredded cheddar
- 5 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 fresh jalapeño (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- pinch of pepper
*Garlic powder can also be substituted instead of fresh garlic.
- Mix together (I used my stand mixer) cream cheese (softened), garlic, onion powder, and black pepper
- Once evenly mixed, slowly mix in 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar, 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 chopped jalapeño and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.
- Take remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2 jalapeño, and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions combine in bag and place in refrigerator to use for topping later.
- Transfer mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into a ball – allow cheeseball to firm up and chill in refrigerator (I usually allow the cheeseball to refrigerate overnight for best results).
- Pour leftover goodies (cheddar, bacon, jalapeño, and green onions) into large bowl, remove cheeseball from fridge and place in bowl rolling around until cheeseball is evenly coated!
*If hosting a lot of people, I would suggest doubling the recipe for a bigger serving size.
*Serve with club crackers, scalloped crackers, or a cracker of your choice!