MORE SWEETS. I made these White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Balls this weekend and I am already planning when I can make some more. I have made plenty of Oreo balls but none compare to THESE. It’s like the the taste of the holidays all wrapped up in one little ball of deliciousness.
I might even have to leave a few of these are for Santa.
If you can’t tell; snacks and treats are my favs. If I could only eat snacks/treats for the the rest of my life I would be the happiest girl alive. These take a little bit more effort than some of my other recipes but definitely worth the time, I promise.
Recipe is listed below, as always let your girl know if you decide to test this one out!
- 8oz low fat cream cheese (softened)
- 36 Oreos (preferably Double Stuffed) – YURM!
- 16oz melted white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 30 crushed peppermint candies
- I crushed mine in a food processor. However, if you don’t want them that finely crushed you can take a “meat tenderizer” and you’ve got yourself a nice little hammer!
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper (make sure said baking sheet can fit in your FREEZER), and place Oreos in food processor, processing until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a stand mixer. Combine softened cream cheese and processed Oreos until both are completely mixed together.
- Scoop mixture into balls and freeze until SOLID (about 40 minutes).
- Take frozen bites and roll them in your hands to smooth the edges and shape into balls – place bites back into freezer for an additionally 10 minutes.
- While bites are in the freezer, mix together 16oz of melted white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and coconut oil.
- Remove bites and dip individually into white chocolate. Place back onto baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate for another hour before serving, or until ready to be served.