This recipe is a little delayed… I blame the lack of motivation that is available during the days between Christmas and New Years, BUT better late than never. This recipe has been a holiday tradition but I think its going to become a staple in our house. This would be an easy Sunday meal prep that would easily last through the week for breakfast.
You can definitely personalize this recipe to your taste; I have added peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. You could do all bacon, or all sausage, or no meat at all. The most important part is to make sure the crockpot is coated in cooking spray, so the casserole doesn’t stick to the bottom while it’s cooking!
Recipe is listed below, as always let your girl know if you decide to test this one out!
- 1 (24oz) bag of frozen hash browns
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken sausage
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Generously spray crockpot with cooking spray (this ensures the casserole won’t stick to the bottom).
- Layer roughly half hash browns on bottom, then half onions, half sharp cheddar cheese, half bacon, and half sausage. REPEAT. Remaining hash browns, onions, cheese, bacon and sausage.
- In medium bowl; whish together 1 dozen eggs, half-and-half, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over crockpot ingredients. Cook on low 8-9 hours.