HERE THEY ARE, the most perfect MINI Chicken Tacos. These little bites of deliciousness would be perfect for the upcoming PLAYOFFS or if you just like tacos as much as I do! I loved creating these bite sized tacos because they are much less messy than normal tacos AND you can eat five of them and still NOT BE FULL!
Now, this recipe calls for a few more steps than normal but definitely worth the end result. While there are more steps, its still a pretty easy recipe! However, if you’re not up for making the “mini” taco shells – this recipe could be used for normal Green Chile Chicken tacos as well!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 (10oz) can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1lb chicken breast
- 1 chopped white onion
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- mozzarella for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a (3 or 4 inch) circle cookie cutter, cut your 8 flour tortillas into “mini” taco shells. Makes approximately 25 mini taco shells.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 can of green enchilada sauce, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic power, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Mix until combined and place your 25 mini taco shells into mixture until coated evenly.
- Flip muffin tin over and generously spray with cooking oil. Place folded mini tacos shells into empty spaces (picture below). Bake for 16-18 minutes or until shells or “crispy”.
- While shells are baking, chop chicken breast into small cubed pieces (they need to be able to fit into taco shells).
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, chopped white onion, remaining green enchilada sauce (about 5oz), diced green chiles, 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1 tablespoon cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix until chicken is evenly coated.
- Transfer chicken mixture onto stove top, cook for about 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove mini taco shells, let cool for 2-4 minutes before stuffing them with cooked chicken mixture. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and mozzarella.