ZUCCHINI BOATS – these things are delicious. I have made a variety of different types of boats but these have to be my FAV. I mean look at these little tiny pepperoni and perfectly melted CHEESE. Not to mention, these little boats mimic pizza with better ingredients and are SO easy to throw together.
Also, you could easily play around with this recipe by using different types of marinara of using a few different spices. This is definitely going to become a staple in our house, especially considering it took approximately 25 minutes from start to finish! Quick, easy and delicious my favorite type of recipe!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 4 zucchini (halved, length-wise)
- 1 (16oz) jar of marinara sauce
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup mini pepperonis
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out insides of each half zucchini and place into a medium bowl.
- Combine zucchini insides, jar of marinara, and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning into medium sauce pan over low/medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Place hollow zucchini (6 halves) into baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and remaining Italian seasonings. Scoop sauce mixture into zucchini. Top with mozzarella and mini pepperoni.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Switch oven to (HI) BROIL and BROIL for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. (WATCH CLOSESLY).