BIRTHDAY CAKE SNACK MIX – this mix is UP THERE with my goldfish mix and definitely one of the most fun recipes I’ve created. There is a bunch of different varieties of these mixes you can make but all of them had WAY too many steps and called for A LOT of sugar. Now, don’t get me wrong – I LURVE sweets, but I like a good balance and this snack mix IS IT.
Snack mixes were something that you guys have been asking for and I’m here to deliver. Yesterday was my sister-in-laws birthday and I last minute decided I wanted to make something for her, but wanted it to be fun, different and of course, EASY!
Also, you could easily play around with this recipe by using different types of crackers or changing the colors of sprinkles/melting chocolate. I also think this would be the cutest snack mix for a little girls or little boys birthday party.
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 1 (12oz) box Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 (7.5oz) box Annies Graham Bunnies
- 1 (12oz) bag Synders “itty bitty minis” pretzels
- 1 (11oz) bag frosted animal crackers
- 1 (10oz) bag of chocolate M&M’s
- 1 (7.5oz ) bag Bugles
- 16oz vanilla almond bark
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3oz rainbow sprinkles
- In large bowl place marshmallow creme and coconut oil, microwave until completely melted (30-45 seconds). Combine Rice Chex cereal and marshmallow creme until evenly coated.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper, then evenly spread Rice Chex marshmallow mixture onto sheet pan. Next, equally sprinkle graham cracker bunnies, itty bitty mini pretzels, frosted animal crackers, and M&M’s onto sheet pan and gently mix.
- Transfer to LARGE bowl, and toss until evenly distributed. Then add Bugle Party hats into the mixture.
- SERVE & ENJOY!
*Store in an air tight container to keep from getting hard!
To make BUGLE PARTY HATS:
- Lay out a medium sized piece of parchment paper and pour rainbow sprinkles into a small shallow bowl. In medium bowl, melt 16oz vanilla almond bark.
- Take one Bugle at a time, dipping bottom half into melted chocolate, and then dipping bottom half into sprinkles (just enough to create a ring around the bottom part of the Bugle) Repeat until all Bugles (or as many as you prefer) have been coated.
- Let Bugles sit for 5 minutes before repeating the process with the top half of the Bugle. Dipping the top half into the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles.
- Let cool (about 5 minutes) before adding Bugle Party Hats to the Birthday Cake Snack Mix.