SNACK ATTACK! I’m back with ANOTHER variety of snack mix. I think this is what I was made to do – create new snack mixes of all different flavors, and what better ingredient than SOY SAUCE.
Snack mixes were something that you guys have been asking for and I’m here to deliver, AGAIN. This snack mix takes less than five steps and taste GOURMET. I will say if you have little humans, vetoing the wasabi peas may be you best bet! Other than that the mix is not spicy and has the most perfect balance of salty (soy sauce) and sweet (honey roasted peanuts).
Also, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. I opted for a smaller batch, only because I knew that I would eat it all in one setting if I made LARGE batch.
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 2.5 cups of Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 1/2 cup wasabi peas
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In large bowl combine; corn chex cereal, sesame sticks, wasabi peas, chow mein noodles, and honey roasted peanuts. Toss together until mixed together (I used plastic tongs).
- In small bowl combine; olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Whisk together until completely mixed.
- Pour sauce over cereal mixture and toss until coated equally. Evenly spread mixture on to medium rimmed baking sheet. Bake on 250 degrees for 45 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY, before serving to allow mixture to get CRUNCHY!
- SERVE & ENJOY!