Hey, its me, and I’m brining more SNACKS. These little bites were a HIT at our dinner last night. Not only are they so fresh and so delicious but they are PRETTY too. I know this isn’t anything mind blowing, it’s basically just a caprese salad on a stick, BUT they are the perfect appetizer/finger food for hosting!
I will say the balsamic vinaigrette is KEY. The “glaze” is much thicker than a normal balsamic vinaigrette and has much more of a BURST of flavor. I found mine at the grocery store in the salad dressing aisle.
Obviously, the amount of ingredients is based on the number of people you are hosting. I used about half of a container of cherry tomatoes, 1 package of basil leaves, and half a container of fresh mozzarella. This made about 15 bites!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- container of cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella (preferably mozzarella)
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinaigrette glaze (reduction)
- Individually remove basil leaves from stem and set aside
- Spear tomato with toothpick, then fold basil leaf and slide underneath tomato, lastly cap the end of the toothpick with one mozzarella ball.
- Repeat until you desire number of bites are made! Store bites in refrigerator until ready to serve!
- SERVE & ENJOY!