CALLING ALL ADULTS WITH LITTLE HUMANS or spouses that eat like little humans, you will want to make these immediately. They are so simple, easy, and they most definitely fall into the category of a “healthy” snack!
I spent years buying similar options at the grocery store and spending an outrageous number on dollars on a 5 simple ingredients that more times than not I have laying around my house. That is, until I realized how simple these little bites are to make!
These would be a perfect after school treat or even a nice “dessert” for the kiddos or for adults like Shane and I who like to eat like children! I have a huge sweet tooth and these satisfy it perfectly. Since I started making these I almost always have a stash of them in the freezer, that is unless Shane finds them!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 3 COLD bananas
- peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Chop cold bananas, then immediately spread peanut between two pieces of banana to make a peanut butter banana “sandwich” – repeat until all bananas have been used and then place them in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, microwave until completely melted (I microwave in increments of 25 seconds just to make sure I don’t burn the chocolate).
- Remove peanut butter banana sandwiches from the freezer; using tongs take one sandwich at a time, dip sandwich halfway in and immediately sprinkle with preferred topping (crushed peanuts, almonds, coconut, etc.).
- Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve!
- SERVE & ENJOY!
*Cold bananas make it easier to spread the peanut butter without the banana getting sticky!