MINI CHEESEBURGER CUPS with SPECIAL FRY SAUCE. I can promise you that you don’t want to sleep on these. Honestly, I was rolling the dice with these yesterday… VERY unsure of how they would turn out and I was pleasantly surprised.
My sister-in-law’s boyfriend said “These are hands down the best things you have EVER made!”.
This recipe calls for a few more steps than normal, but still an extremely easy recipe to follow. The recipe calls for a “mini” muffin tin, so I will link mine HERE just in case you are in need! Now, you could definitely use a regular muffin tin, but then I would suggest using 3-4 “tater rounds” to form your cup.
These are the perfect snack or appetizer because it is all the goodness of a cheeseburger in ONE SINGLE BITE. Plus, the tater tots add the most perfect crispiness versus a regular bun! These would be perfect for a cookout, pool party, or just even for LUNCHES!
Okay, now I’m missing the warm weather… BRING ON SPRING BREAK!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
Mini Cheeseburger Ingredients:
- 48 tater tots (I used “tater rounds”)
- 1lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar
- Lawry’s season salt
- pickle chips (optional)
Special Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Sprinkle season salt over ground beef before browning ground beef in skillet on medium heat. Drain grease, return to skillet, and add diced onions. Cook until softened.
- Generously grease “mini” muffin tin before placing two “tater rounds” into each cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove “mini” muffin tins from oven, firmly press “tater rounds” into base of muffin tin to for a “tater round cup” (I used the back of a tiny spoon). Fill “cups” with ground beef and onion mixture before sprinkling with cheese.
- Place mini cheeseburger cups back into the oven to cook for an additional 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, let mini cheeseburger cups cool for 5-7 minutes before removing the cups from the tin. I used a tiny spoon in order to best scoop out the cup without smashing it!
- While the cups cool, mix together special sauce ingredients, and then drizzle the cheeseburger cups with the special sauce before topping with a pickle chip (optional)!
- SERVE & ENJOY!