PASTA, PASTA and MORE PASTA but make it LEMON GARLIC. I have always been one to experiment with pasta because you just can’t go wrong. However, this one just might be the best one yet. Shane even gave it a 10/10 which is HUGE because he is more picky than you would think – probably because I’m always forcing him to try new things!
This is one of those recipes that looks like you need a lot of ingredients but more than likely you have most of them around the house already! Some of my best recipes have come from scrounging things up around the house and throwing everything together.
This is recipe is FAMILY friendly! The only thing I might leave out is the crushed red pepper if you have little ones because it does add a little kick BUT I will say that the spice perfectly offsets the sourness of the lemon sauce!
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 1lb boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- season salt
- 12oz angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups arugula
- parmesan for topping
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a medium pot, add in pasta and cook according to the package.
- Drizzle olive oil in medium skillet, place chicken breasts and sprinkle with season salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes then flip. Sprinkle other side with season salt and pepper before cooking for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let cool before chopping. Meanwhile, in skillet melt 1/4 cup of butter. Then add garlic, red onion and cook until tender (about 3-4 minutes). Pour in 1/3 cup of lemon juice and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Stir. Pour in 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Return chopped chicken to skillet. Add 3 cups of arugula and stir until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta before adding to skillet. Gently toss until pasta is evenly coated with chicken and lemon sauce.
- Top with parmesan and ENJOY!