LEMON COCONUT ENERGY BITES! Energy bites are new territory for me, but I’m excited with how these turned out. Dates and I have a love/hate relationship – meaning I enjoy eating them but I can’t just eat them plain. SO, I am always looking for ways to incorporate them into my diet and these Lemon Coconut Bites did the job.
The lemon flavoring is fainter than I expected but it’s balanced quite nicely with the nuttiness of the almonds and the fruitiness of the dates. I will say if you don’t like dates you probably aren’t going to be a huge fan of these little bites, as the presence of dates is easily identifiable BUT I would still advise you to test them out!
What I like about these little guys is that they make for such an easy snack, especially when I get home from work and am craving something to eat BUT don’t want to ruin my dinner! Also, I usually throw one into my lunch every day for a little extra nutrients.
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- In a food processor, combine almonds, (pitted) dates, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Pulse until soft “dough” forms. You will need to stop every few pulses to scrap off the sides of the processor to ensure you are getting all the ingredients.
- Then once mixture is completely combined, using a small dough scooper (about 1 inch), scoop mixture into balls and place on parchment paper.
- Once all balls are formed, put shredded coconut into small bowl, an then roll each ball into coconut until coated with coconut.
- You may enjoy these right away or store them in an air tight container in fridge (a couple weeks) or freezer (couple of months).