CROCKPOT TUSCAN CHICKEN! Crockpot recipes are my favorite for OBVIOUS reasons; they are easy, there is always little to no prep and most importantly they require VERY LITTLE clean up! This crockpot recipe turned out better than expected and the flavor is INCREDIBLE. I’m a BIG fan of sun-dried tomatoes, so anytime I can incorporate them into a recipe I am all about it!
The review you are all waiting for… Shane’s review. He LURVED this recipe. We had leftovers, so he has been taking it for lunch as well. I have even thrown in some tortillas for for him to make wraps with the leftovers.
What I like about this recipe is that the chicken can be served a whole chicken breast OR once it is fully cooked you could shred the chicken and combine all the ingredients together. Either way this recipe is a WIN and one that will be added to the docket of crockpot recipes.
Recipe is listed below, let your girl know if you test this one out!
- 3lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 gloves minced garlic
- 14oz can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 8oz jar sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 5oz baby spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Combine chicken breast, garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, chopped onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the crockpot. (Make sure to lay chicken in first followed by the rest of the ingredients).
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Next open the crockpot, add the 5oz of baby spinach before putting the lid back on and letting it wilt for 5-10 minutes. Then stir all the toppings together before serving.
- Chicken can be served as a whole chicken breast with the toppings, or shredded and combined together with the other ingredients.