THE BREAKFAST TART IS HERE! Alright, here is the deal… I could eat breakfast for all three meals of the day and never get sick of it. However, I know others do not feel the same and prefer to always be switching things up. WELL, I am here to tell you that I have found a solution. This breakfast tart is the easiest thing and the possibilities are endless, like literally endless. Think of it as a less messy omelet. One that can perhaps be warmed up and eaten in the car when you’re running late to work.
The best part of this breakfast is that it has multiple purposes; it can be made to feed a decent amount of people OR it can be made on a Sunday and used as breakfast ALL WEEK LONG. I cut it into 6 larger pieces, but you could definitely make it 8 smaller pieces and use 8 eggs instead. I will say it is better warmed up in the oven versus the microwave but the convenience of the microwave is too good to pass up.
I have been eating this for breakfast over the last month and I still haven’t run out of ideas. I’m also playing around with some sweet breakfast ideas as well as more savory ones, so stay tuned for those! But some ideas off the top of my head are adding sausage, veggies, different cheeses, onions, spinach, etc.
The recipe is listed below, and be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- 1 (8oz) Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
- 3-4 pieces of cooked bacon (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Generously spray sheet pan with cooking spray before rolling out dough sheet. Then fold all four sides of the dough sheet; creating little barriers or sides of the tart.
- Take the back of a spoon and lightly press into the dough (3 on the top half of the dough and 3 on the bottom have of the dough) making little beds for your eggs. Next, crack one egg into each bed. This ensures your eggs don’t move all around the dough and instead stay in place.
- Then sprinkle your chopped bacon pieces, cheddar cheese and freshly chopped chives evenly over the dough.
- Place cooking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes or until dough is golden brown.