CHIPS AND SALSA ARE MY JAM everyday, but SALSA in the SUMMER just hits differently – hence the name SUMMER SALSA! This salsa is fresh and refreshing all at the same time. Not only is it delicious but it just might be the easiest recipe that I have EVER shared. Shane’s grandma has some of the best recipes and I finally got my hands on this one, so YOU ARE WELCOME.
The recipe prep (and by prep I meaning chopping some vegetables) for this salsa takes longer than making the actual salsa. Once the ingredients are prepped, it is as simple as dumping everything into a bowl and mixing it all together.
The trickiest part of the recipe is finding the best tomatoes. At the bottom of this recipe you’ll see that I prefer using Hot House tomatoes, but those aren’t always easy to find. I usually always try to use Hot House, but if they don’t look good or aren’t available then I’ll switch it up and used cherry tomatoes or canned tomatoes.
The full recipe is listed below, and be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- 2 large chopped hot house tomatoes
- 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 1 can diced olives
- 5 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- dash of hot sauce (tabasco, cholula, etc.)
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir until everything is evenly mixed together. Be sure to store in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Best served with tortilla chips!
- SERVE & ENJOY!
- The hot sauce is OPTIONAL. Hot House Tomatoes are preferred but canned tomatoes or cherry tomatoes can be used as well. The amount of onion salt is more of a personal preference, but 1/2 tablespoon is about what I use for this serving!