GRILLING SEASON IS BACK! One of my favorite things about the warmer weather is being able to sit outside, sip on some crisp white wine, and grill our dinner. Shane is always in charge of the protein aspect of dinner but I have started to get more and more creative when it comes to grilling our side dishes. I present to you, our newest obsession Parmesan Ranch Grilled Potatoes.
We absolutely love potatoes and eat them multiple times a week, so I am always trying to come up with new ways to season them and these did not disappoint. Plus these potatoes are grilled and served on skewers which would be such a fun side dish for entertaining guests.
Overall, this recipe is incredibly SIMPLE, per usual (you know your girl is always trying to find the most convenient ways to make delicious food). These could absolutely be done on the grill minus the skewers but I will say the grill marks char the potatoes to perfection.
To serve, I drizzled ranch and sprinkled some fresh chives over the potatoes. I honestly think I preferred them without the ranch more so, just because the seasoning itself was so good, but Shane did like the added flavor of the ranch dressing. In the future, I might substitute sprinkled parmesan cheese instead of the drizzled ranch, but it’s totally a personal preference.
Full recipe is listed below, and be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- 2.5lbs of baby potatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan
- salt and pepper
- optional: ranch for drizzling
- optional: chives for topping
- Preheat grill to medium heat (Shane set our Traeger to 325 degrees).
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, ranch packet, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix together until completely combined.
- Next place halved potatoes in medium bowl, drizzle ranch mixture over potatoes. Toss potatoes until they are evenly coated with mixture.
- Thread 3-4 potato halves onto each skewer, place potato halves face down onto the grill. Grill potatoes for 20-25 minutes or until tender, and lightly charred.
- Drizzle with ranch and chives – SERVE & ENJOY!
- The Ranch Dressing is OPTIONAL. See my notes above on the ranch dressing drizzle.