BACON AND CREAM CHEESE – need I say more? You humans know that I’m a sucker for tiny food, especially tiny “bites”, and these jalapeno popper bites are definitely tiny but don’t worry, because they are BURSTING with flavor.
Summer and snacks seem to go hand in hand in our household. During the summer months we are always having friends or family over for cookouts/bonfires, and I’m always looking for yummy finger foods that are quick and easy to make! These little bites are ALL OF THE ABOVE.
I mean, I know there are a million ways to make jalapeno poppers, but this might just be my new favorite. I think it’s the convenience of the panko/cheese “cup” that makes these little nibbles so irresistible. Also, any excuse to make a “cup” out of cheese is an automatic winner in my book!
I made these delicious little bites last weekend when we had family in town and let’s just say I wish I would have doubled… or maybe even tripled the recipe because I only had the chance to try one of them before the entire place was GONE. Safe to say they are a CROWD PLEASER!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 (12 cup) mini muffin tins (linked mine here!)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar (finely shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 10oz cream cheese
- 4 strips of bacon (cooked)
- 5 jalapenos
- 4 chopped and 1 sliced (for topping)
- sharp cheddar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, salt, and pepper (to taste) until evenly mixed.
- Generously grease muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Using a spoon, spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of mixture into each cup – using the back of the spoon to smoosh the mixture in order to create a sort of “cup”.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, 4 chopped jalapenos, salt, and pepper. Using a spoon, scoop 1/2 tablespoon of mixture into each panko/cheese “cup”.
- Sprinkle each tiny cup with cheese and top with 1 slice of jalapeno. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes!
- SERVE & ENJOY!
*Best enjoyed shortly after baking. These little bites can be warmed up, preferably in the oven but seem to taste better shortly after coming out of the oven when the cheese is freshly melted!