EASY LEMON BASIL PASTA SALAD! I don’t know what it is, but pasta salad just hits differently in the summer and this one is no exception. I have been making this same pasta salad for YEARS and it never fails to get better each time. The dressing is key in making any pasta salad PERFECT, and this dressing IS IT. It only took me 3 years to get the ingredients right, but hey, practice makes perfect.
This is my go to recipe during the summer months, especially when I am in need of something to bring to a cookout or a dinner party. It is simple enough that it’s always a crowd pleaser and it doesn’t take much time to throw together. Throughout the years I have added different ingredients including red onions, black olives, and bacon but I usually resort back to these ingredients for the simplicity, and honestly the for the taste.
The flavors make this pasta simple but mouth watering, light, refreshing, and the most perfect snack for the summer! I will usually make a big batch and store it in the fridge for lunches throughout the week. I do, sometimes top it with a piece of grilled chicken and that really escalates the flavor plus it turns it into a full meal!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- 16oz pasta (fusilli works best!)
- 7oz crumbled feta cheese
- 8 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and prepare the pasta using the directions on the packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. (You can also use a container with an airtight lid to shake mixture together).
- After cooked, immediately remove pasta from stove top and rinse with cold water to shock the noodles. With paper towels, pat the noodles dry to remove any excess water.
- In a large serving bowl; toss together pasta, feta, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! I suggest letting the pasta refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving, this allows the pasta to marinate in the dressing, giving it more flavor!
- SERVE & ENJOY!