THREE INGREDIENT FRENCH ONION DIP! I feel like I am constantly looking for quick and easy dip recipes that I can throw together on short notice, and this recipe is EXACTLY that. While this French Onion dip only requires three ingredients it’s definitely not lacking in the flavor category. You’re going to want to save this one to throw together at your next backyard cookout; it’s quick, easy, and bursting with flavor!
I have always liked the idea of the French Onion dips that you can buy at the store but they always tasted a little “fake” if you know what I mean, so I decided I would try and recreate my own and it was simpler than I imagined. The premade soup mix is a game changer and made this recipe so simple. You guys know I love a good 2-step recipe with less than 5 ingredients.
I have been making this dip for years and it never fails to be a crowd pleaser. I have used both fat free and regular sour cream, they both work just the same. I have also used both regular and low fat cream cheese and they both work as well. Those differences are really just personal preference, but either choices can be used and the dip tastes just the same!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 packet french onion soup mix
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, first join together 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 packet of french onion soup mix until creamy. Then add softened cream cheese to the mixture and mingle together until the dip has a smooth and creamy consistency.
- You can serve immediately or store in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Best served with fresh veggies, crackers, pretzels, fritos, or plain potato chips.
- Best if stored in an airtight container inside of the refrigerator. Dip usually stays fresh for about 5 days after you make it! If you are serving a big crowd, I would suggest doubling the recipe!