TINY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES WITH PRETZELS?! I am convinced that I have uncovered the GREATEST SNACK OF ALL TIME. Between the salty of the pretzel, the sweet of the ice cream, and the crunch of the sprinkles… I am not sure that I have ever tasted anything quite this DELICIOUS.
We all know that I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world AND I always have to have something sweet after each meal. Well, let me tell you, these little nibbles are the PERFECT sweet snack. I made a whole batch on Sunday and between Shane and I they are ALMOST gone. If they didn’t have to stay in the freezer I would be bringing them to school with me everyday for lunch!
The nice thing about these little nibbles is that you can play around with the different combinations all you want! I already have some ideas for some holiday flavors; peppermint with white chocolate, peanuts and caramel… honestly the possibilities are endless. Changing up the ice cream flavor opens up a whole new world of options too. These little nibbles have already become a staple in our house and will continue to live in our freeze for the foreseeable future!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 40 pretzels (any flat pretzels will work but the squares work the best!)
- chocolate chip ice cream (personal preference; any flavor works)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- toppings: sprinkles, coconut, peanuts, caramel, etc.
- On a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, lay out 20 pretzels. Using a tablespoon (or a cookie dough scoop), scoop ice cream onto each pretzel, immediately top the ice cream with another pretzel, making a pretzel sandwich. Freeze for at least 1 hour, but preferably closer to 2 hours.
- Before removing the ice cream sandwiches, place toppings into separate (shallow) bowls. This makes it easier to dip each sandwich into the topping bowl.
- Then combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place in microwave for 15 second intervals, removing and stirring after each time; making sure not to burn the chocolate. Once chocolate is smooth and melted, remove the ice cream sandwiches from the freezer.
- Take one ice cream sandwich at a time, dipping half of the sandwich into the melted chocolate and then into the desired topping. Repeat until all sandwiches are coated with chocolate and topped with desired topping.
- Return ice cream sandwiches to the freezer for another 30-45 minutes or until ready to serve!
- To store, place ice cream sandwiches in air tight container and keep in the freezer.
- When melting the chocolate, check every 15 seconds in order to keep from burning the chocolate.
- The coconut oil is optional, BUT it allows the chocolate to become more smooth and easier to dip.