APPLE PIE NIBBLES?! I’ll take 20. I am obsessed with tiny things, and tiny snacks are DEFINITELY my favorite. I have always been a big snacker, so I am constantly looking for snacks that aren’t messy BUT ARE quick and easy on the go. Good thing these little nibbles CHECK ALL THE BOXES.
The best part about these little YURMS, is that they are perfect for any meal. I have eaten them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and every snack in between. They are sweet, without being too sweet, but filing enough that as a snack that they’ll hold you over.
While they haven’t been tested on little humans YET, I have a feeling these nibbles will be a HIT for them as well. BIG human snacks that double as LITTLE human snacks are my favorite kind of snacks, PLUS they are a healthier option too.
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I used “cinnamon” almond butter)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (not packed) shredded granny smith apple (about 1 medium apple)
- In a medium bowl stir together dry ingredients; old fashioned oats, ground flaxseed, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients; almond butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture into medium bowl to combine ALL the ingredients. Slowly stir in the shredded apple.
- Using a cookie dough “scooper” or a tablespoon, scoop the apple pie mixture into balls, shape them with your hands if necessary and place them on a piece of parchment paper. Continue until mixture is gone.
- Place nibbles in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until “firm”. Enjoy or store in air tight container for later!
- To store, place apple pie nibbles in an air tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
- When “shredding” the apple, I used a stand up “cheese” grater, tends to work the most efficiently.
- When serving, I drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon!