EASY BACON EGG MUFFINS! I have been trying to get more breakfast recipes into our weekly routine because I get bored, VERY EASILY. On Sunday, I was just going to prep some egg “muffins” for wraps but I decided to spruce these up, so I could just eat them alone.
I went through our fridge and found bacon and cheese, clearly, you can’t go wrong with either of those.
I posted them and had a BUNCH of humans asking for the recipe, so while I didn’t intend on posting the recipe initially, I figured I’m not the only one looking for different breakfast recipes. Especially easy ones that can be prepped beforehand, so here THEY ARE!
Shane and I have been eating these for breakfast by themselves every morning this week. We reheat them, sprinkle some Cholula over them, and let me tell you – THEY ARE YURM! The recipe is pretty simple, and you could really add a variety of different ingredients based on your personal preference. I personally don’t like the consistency of veggies or leafy greens warmed up, so I tend to lean more towards cheese and bacon…. says a lot about who I am!
However, they are delicious warmed up and they make for an EASY and YURMY breakfast on the go or when you’re in a hurry – which is me… EVERY SINGLE DAY.
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 12 eggs
- 12-15 slices cooked bacon (broken into pieces)
- shredded mozzarella/provolone (I buy the mixed bag)
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- olive oil/non-stick spray
- silicone muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease silicone muffin pan with non-stick spray or olive oil. Crack 1 egg into each muffin (12 eggs total).
- Add 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of pepper to each muffin.
- Sprinkle each muffin with desired amount of cheese and top with bacon pieces.
- Place in oven and cook for 25-27 minutes.
- To store, place bacon egg muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For the bacon, I tend to just break it into pieces with my hands, and I tend to break it into bigger pieces versus little ones. I like to really be able to taste the bacon!
- You can use any cheese you’d like, I prefer mozzarella/provolone because it has a more mild taste but adds the most perfect amount of creamy!
- I have also done this with ONLY egg whites as well – turns out just as good!