ZUCCHINI PIZZA BITES! I’m finally back with a NEW recipe and this is one of the easiest ones YET. With a total of FOUR steps, you really can’t go wrong with these bites of glory.
Most of you humans know that I am a SNACKER, a BIG one at that, especially pregnant. So, I am constantly looking for “healthier” snacks that still taste delicious and THESE ARE IT.
These little bites are the perfect balance of healthy, while still maintaining the “idea” of pizza.
The recipe is extremely straight forward, my favorite kind of recipe. These make for a great snack or a light dinner, depending on your mood!
These can be stored in an air-tight container and reheated for leftovers. I usually make a bunch of them and then eat them for lunch throughout the week. You can also throw them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes to reheat them! This is also a great idea for little humans, sneaking in those veggies where you can!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 2 Large Zucchinis
- Marinara (I bought a small jar and used it or multiple batches)
- Mozzarella Cheese (or an Italian Blend, totally personal preference)
- Mini Pepperonis (if you can’t find these, you can use the normal sized ones and cut them, but the mini ones are easier and much faster)
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Slice both zucchinis into rounds, I like mine about a 1/2″ thick. If you cut them too thin, they get flimsy once they’re baked.
- Generously spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay zucchini in one layer on baking sheet, spoon marinara sauce (about 1/2 tablespoon) onto of zucchini, sprinkle with cheese, and place desired number of mini pepperonis. Top with Italian Seasoning.
- Place in oven, bake for 14-16 minutes. Turn oven to broil the last 2-3 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- To Store: These little bites can be stored in an air-tight container and reheated for the same deliciousness as the first time! I would suggest eating within the week of making them!