PASTA CHIPS WITH MARINARA, I’ll take 100! I have seen these floating around the internet for a while now and I absolutely had to try them! I will say, I was quite skeptical but after catching myself eating them ALL DAY LONG, it’s safe to say, they’re DELICIOUS.
I know I always say this, but this is seriously one of the easiest recipes I have EVER posted. It takes longer to bring the water to a boil then it does to complete the rest of the recipe. Just how I like it!
Another thing I LURVE about this recipe is how easy it is to experiment with. You could easily switch out the type of noodle for something else, or even try the JUMBO shells. You could play around with the different seasonings that you mix into the cooked the pasta. OR you could even play around with a variety of dipping sauces.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.
I will say, you will want to make sure that you are keeping a close eye on the pasta while it’s in the air-fryer, I continuously mixed around the pasta to avoid the pasta sticking together. This also helped to make sure all pasta was able to get crispy. If not, individual pieces of pasta might end up soggy versus crispy and crunchy!
I plan to use these as appetizers before dinner, afternoon snacks, and party nibbles. These little chips are such a fun and different little snack!
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 16 oz bag of LARGE shell pasta (I used THESE!)
- Marinara (I bought a small jar and used it for multiple batches)
- Freshley Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to pasta package (normally 9-11 minutes).
- Place cooked pasta in a strainer and drain remaining water, then transfer pasta to a medium mixing bowl.
- In mixing bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, garlic salt, and chili pepper flakes. Mix until all pasta is evenly coated. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Place pasta into air fryer, air fry pasta at 390 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until pasta is golden brown and crispy! Be sure to continuously shake up the pasta to avoid pasta sticking together!
- Serve & ENJOY with warmed marinara!
- To Store: Pasta chips can be stored in a Ziploc bag at room temperature! Should be eaten within a couple of days of making, so they don’t get stale.