FIESTA FRITO SALAD, and yes, I said FRITOS! I was introduced to this salad by Shane’s grandmother, and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. It’s one of those salads that has a handful of random ingredients, but together it’s absolutely delicious.
I know I always say this, but here I am, saying it again; this recipe is incredibly simple. It takes longer to chop up the ingredients than it does to actually put the salad together.
One of my favorite things about recipes and cooking, is the way they get passed on from generation to generation. I spent the weekend at the farm, learning how to perfect this salad from the recipe creator herself (Shane’s grandmother). Recipes like these make cooking so much more special and give so much more meaning to being in the kitchen.
The full recipe is listed below! Be sure to let me know if you test this one out or tag me on Instagram (@littlehouseinop), I absolutely love seeing these recipes in your homes and in your kitchens!
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 1 Large Tomato (chopped)
- Ranch Style Beans Original (drained and lightly rinsed)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (finely shredded)
- 1/2 Bag of Fritos (regular)
- Catalina Dressing
- In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients except fritos.
- chopped head of lettuce, chopped onion, chopped tomato, ranch style beans (drained and lightly rinsed), cheddar cheese, and Catalina dressing.
- Lastly, add half bag of Fritos and toss gently to avoid breaking up the fritos.
- Serve & ENJOY!
- To Store: Like any salad, this doesn’t store well. I would suggest putting it together right before you plan to serve it. Even if you wait to add the salad dressing and the fritos, the liquid from the beans causes it to become soggy in the refrigerator.